This website is related to a class arbitration (“Jones v. Genus Credit Mgt. Corp.”) filed and pending in the American Arbitration Association by consumers who enrolled in debt management plans ("DMPs") with either Genus Credit Management Corporation (“Genus”) or American Financial Solutions, a division of North Seattle Community College Foundation ("AFS"). If you enrolled in a DMP with either Genus or AFS, please be aware that: i) the Arbitrator presiding over the case has certified the arbitration to proceed as a class action; and ii) the Claimants have reached a proposed settlement (the “Settlement”) with two respondents, which is subject to approval by the Arbitrator after permitting class members to comment on the Settlement and after a Fairness Hearing. Among other rights, you may also choose to exclude yourself from the Settlement.
If you are a member of the class certified by the Arbitrator, you should have received a Notice and Proof of Claim Form in the mail. For more information, please review the materials on this website. If you have additional questions, you may direct them to the administrator by clicking on the “Contact Us" link (to the left), by calling the administrator toll-free at (888) 349-4110 or by writing to the administrator at Jones v. Genus Credit Mgt. Corp., c/o Strategic Claims Services, 600 N. Jackson Street, Suite 3 Media, PA 19063. You may also review the American Arbitration Association public docket for this case, available at www.adr.org/sp.asp?id=29365.
Please be aware of the following deadlines:
• June 6, 2011: Last day to file ”Proof of Claim” to receive money from the Settlement;
• June 6, 2011: Last day to object to or comment in favor of the Settlement;
• June 6, 2011: Last day to request to be ”excluded” from the ”Settlement”;
• June 7, 2011: Last day to provide notice to the administrator that a class member or her / his attorney intends to appear personally at the Fairness Hearing;
• June 27, 2011: Fairness Hearing to consider the Settlement at the offices of Pepper Hamilton LLP, 600 14th St. N.W., Washington DC 20005 on June 27,2011 at 11:00 a.m.